Wood countertops are growing in popularity because:
- Wood offers a feeling of warmth and coziness to the atmosphere in the room.
- Wood fits in with any decor and offers a nice counterpoint to the metal and stone surfaces present in the kitchen.
- Like stone, wood is a natural substance and since no two pieces are the same, every wood countertop is unique.
- Since working with wood is easy, wood countertops are available in a large variety of finishes, shapes and designs. Because of this they fit in with any kitchen theme from the traditional to the most modern.
- Minor damage to the wood countertops is easily repaired by sanding.
- Because wood is not as hard as stone and metal, breakables dropped on it may not shatter.
Continue reading “Wood Countertops | Cost | Buying Tips | Installation | Maintenance”
Why solid surface countertops make sense?
With a solid surface it is possible to have the countertop, sink and backsplash in one piece. Because of this there are no slips and seams, so the unit looks more attractive and also easy to clean. Continue reading “Solid Surface Countertops | Cost | Buying Tips | Installation | Maintenance”
Why does it make sense to think about a kitchen knife set?
1. It is very likely that knives bought in a set will be cheaper than the same knives bought individually. Continue reading “Kitchen Knife Sets – How to Select the Best One for Your Needs”
There is a great variety of dishes for baking. The shape, the size and the material of the pans you buy will depend on what and how you cook and what you already possess. If you are an experienced baker, you’ll probably know very well what dishes you need for baking and how big they need to be. On the other hand, if you are just starting out in the art of bakery, it is a good idea to think about a kitchen bakeware set that contains some of the most basic dishes. For example, a cookie pan, a cake pan, a muffin pan, two round cake pans and a loaf pan. Continue reading “How To Select The Kitchen Bakeware That Suits You Best”
Glass is not often thought of as a material for countertops, yet glass is an ideal material for modern kitchen countertops. Glass countertops bring a glazed and non-traditional look to your kitchen. Continue reading “Glass Countertops Review | Recycled Glass Countertop Ideas”
Soapstone looks naturally beautiful and therefore it is a preferred material for countertops. Soapstone, as the name suggests, feels smooth and waxy to touch, just like touching dry soap. Nevertheless, it is very durable and ideal for countertops. It is a metamorphic rock and is formed under the earth’s surface. It takes millions of years to reach its texture and durability, and has to be quarried just like any other natural stone. Continue reading “Soapstone Countertops | Pricing | Buying Tips | Installing | Maintaining”