Having taken delivery of your soon-to-be prized wooden worktop, you’ll naturally want to keep it looking as perfect as possible. Wood is a versatile and stunning looking material and is easy to look after, once you know how to oil it and establish a pattern of maintenance.
Wood countertops are growing in popularity because:
- Wood offers a feeling of warmth and coziness to the atmosphere in the room.
- Wood fits in with any decor and offers a nice counterpoint to the metal and stone surfaces present in the kitchen.
- Like stone, wood is a natural substance and since no two pieces are the same, every wood countertop is unique.
- Since working with wood is easy, wood countertops are available in a large variety of finishes, shapes and designs. Because of this they fit in with any kitchen theme from the traditional to the most modern.
- Minor damage to the wood countertops is easily repaired by sanding.
- Because wood is not as hard as stone and metal, breakables dropped on it may not shatter.